Webinar #2: Engaging and Retaining Volunteers
This two-part series discussed how to engage, train, manage and retain fantastic volunteers in every type of geographic location. Experts and program leaders shared their strategies for maximizing the power of volunteers. After this webinar, you should be able to engage youth in volunteerism and community service, leverage volunteers from diverse backgrounds to build program capacity and improve student outcomes, and support volunteers throughout their program work. This was the second in a series of two webinars.
Please Note: A Certificate of Participation is only available to those who participated in the live events. Certificates will not be issued to those who view the recordings.
Webinar Documents and Links
- 4 Reasons Every Teen Should Volunteer - https://blogs.volunteermatch.org/4-reasons-every-teen-should-volunteer
- Volunteering in Under-Resourced Rural Communities - https://resourcesharingproject.org/sites/default/files/files-resources-ruralcommunities.pdf
- Voices of Rural America Survey - http://www.civicchange.org/pdf/voices_of_rural_america.pdf
- A Matter of Survival - https://iuristebi.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/matter-of-survival-volunteering.pdf
- Toolkit for Working with Rural Volunteers - https://www.ruralvolunteer.org/
- Find Your State Service Commission - https://www.statecommissions.org/find-your-state-service-commission
- AmeriCorps – https://www.americorps.gov