Part 3: Citizen Science and STEM - A Perfect Fit!
Citizen Science brings real-world research and learning right to your students. With foundations in inquiry, STEM topics are a natural fit with Citizen Science. In this session, learn about the basics of Citizen Science, project ideas and links to authentic resources. Throughout the session, highlights from the collaboration with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the National Park Service (NPS) showcase even more possibilities for engaging with STEM programming.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Web Page
- The 4 C's the 21st Century Skills
- The 5 C's of Positive Youth Development
- Student Engagement Tips for Grades K-12
- STEM Strategies and Techniques
- National Park Service (NPS) Web Page
- Hand on the Land
- Incorporating Writing Into Citizen Science Activties
- STEM Surveys by Grade
- Tap Resources
- Citizen Science Resource Links