Strengthening Partnerships Diagram
The Strengthening Partnerships Diagram above provides a quick overview of the topics addressed in the Introduction. Take a moment to review the diagram and descriptions below.
Key Elements for Quality Partnerships
- Take Stock of Current Resources: Think about how well your program is serving youth and families. Are there untapped opportunities you can draw on, either from your staff or your current partners?
- Identify Needs: Examine the needs of your program to better understand where new and existing partners fit in. This may involve collecting data such as parent and teacher surveys.
- Form Partnerships: Engage in a resource mapping process to identify potential partners that exist in your community. Reach out to partners.
- Establish a Common Vision: Identify the goals of the partnership, and outline roles and responsibilities. Use a memorandum of understanding to agree on clear expectations between you and your partners.
- Create an Advisory Board: Form an advisory board made up of key stakeholders such as school principals, 21st CCLC staff, community leaders and parents.
- Share Information: Collect data to determine how well your partners are meeting established goals and targets. Actively use data to engage in a quality improvement process.