Have you taken advantage of the free technical assistance (TA) for 21st CCLC programs on Y4Y? The Y4Y TA team accepts requests from any 21st CCLC State Coordinator and is able to deliver targeted on-site/in-person and virtual TA to your state's grantees, pending U.S. Department of Education approval of the request. The virtual sessions are 90 minutes and the in-person sessions are between 4 and 16 hours. These sessions are tailored to meet the needs of the requesting state. If you are a 21st CCLC program and are interested in free Y4Y TA, please talk to your State Coordinator.
Please read below for more details on the available topics, ways we can customize and how to submit your request for training for this year!
Choose technical assistance from the topics available on the Y4Y portal:
- An Introduction to 21st CCLC
- Assessing Program Effectiveness
- Citizen Science
- Civic Learning and Engagement
- College and Career Readiness
- Continuous Education (formerly known as "Aligning with the School Day")
- Drug and Alcohol Prevention
- Family Engagement
- Financial Literacy
- Human Resources
- Including Students with Disabilities
- Managing Your 21st CCLC Program
- Organizational Culture
- Project-Based Learning
- Positive Learning Environment
- Safety Planning
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Strategic Partnerships
- Summer Learning
- Trauma-Informed Care
For more information on the training topics check out our Y4Y TA Topics page.
Topics can be targeted to meet a range of needs:
- Specific learning objectives (e.g., STEM with a focus on math, Civic Learning with a focus on drug prevention, Family Engagement with a focus on Literacy).
- New and/or experienced staff members
- Project directors, site coordinators and/or program staff
- Grades K-5, grades 6-12 or all grades
- Various learning strategies (e.g., chat box, videos, interactive polls)
Request Technical Assistance
To request free training for your state, please fill out this request form.
IMPORTANT: Only State Coordinators can request Y4Y TA.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Y4Y technical assistance, please contact the Y4Y TA team by filling out the sections below. We look forward to working with you!
According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. The valid OMB control number for this information collection is 1880-0542. Public reporting burden for this collection of information is estimated to average five (5) minutes per response, including time for reviewing instructions, searching existing data sources, gathering and maintaining the data needed, and completing and reviewing the collection of information. The obligation to respond to this collection is voluntary. Send comments regarding the burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including suggestions for reducing this burden, to: U.S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Ave., SW, Washington, DC 20210-4537 or email ICDocketMgr@ed.gov and reference the OMB Control Number 1880-0542.