Trainings to Go
Trainings to Go are hour-long training plans that include a PowerPoint, handouts, and training guides. Click the trainings to get tips on how to customize professional development plans to fit different staff needs, training time frames, and training goals.
- Identify the key elements of a needs assessment.
- Practice strategies for collecting data to be used in conducting a needs assessment for English learners.
- Review strategies for promoting English language acquisition.
- Identify and practice techniques for building academic vocabulary.
- Know how to create a safe and welcoming learning environment for English learners.
- Identify strategies for increasing English learners' engagement in program activities.
- Learn strategies for classroom and behavior management.