Trainings to Go
Trainings to Go are hour-long training plans that include a PowerPoint, handouts, and training guides. Click the trainings to get tips on how to customize professional development plans to fit different staff needs, training time frames, and training goals.
- Describe the components of the design thinking process.
- Model the process of design thinking.
- Plan methods for tracking progress during the design thinking process.
- Use the design thinking process.
- Identify real-world challenges facing our community.
- Describe the relationship between STEAM projects and community partners.
- Prepare a specific “ask” for community partners.
- Identify what a makerspace looks like and how it can support the STEAM approach to learning.
- Plan key logistics for creating a makerspace, including budget, schedule, materials and professional development.
- Describe ways to assess student learning in a makerspace.