Trainings To Go
Trainings to Go are 75 minute long training plans that include a PowerPoint, handouts, and training guides. Click the trainings to get tips on how to customize professional development plans to fit different staff needs, training time frames, and training goals.
- Understand the four components of literact: reading, writing, speaking, listening.
- Examine strategies for implementing activities within the four components.
- Review strategies for incorporating literacy across the curriculum.
- Explore activities that effectively implement literacy concepts.
- Explore the importance of family engagement and its effect on student literacy.
- Review strategies for engaging families in literacy events.
- Participate in sample literacy activities.
Understand the types of writing students need to know and be able to produce and activities that will make writing more engaging and accessible to students. Train staff with easy-to-implement strategies for incorporating writing into programming.