Trainings to Go
Trainings to Go are hour-long training plans that include a PowerPoint, handouts, and training guides. Click the trainings to get tips on how to customize professional development plans to fit different staff needs, training time frames, and training goals.
- Identify and categorize disabilities according to key legislation.
- Define key inclusion terms.
- Read and interpret an IEP at-a-Glance.
- Learn how legally required, school-day special education documents apply to 21st CCLC programs.
- Interpret an IEP for the program.
- Create a Program Accommodation Plan Form for a student whose record access has been denied.
- Reflect on communication barriers.
- Understand that behavior serves a communication tool.
- Explore the unique need to advocacy in students with disabilities.
- Provide strategies for responding to students with disabilities.