Estimated time to complete: 2 hours
Upon completion, you’ll receive a Basic Level certificate of completion.
Learn the definitions of service learning and social entrepreneurship, then explore the benefits of introducing students to these hands-on learning approaches. Also get an overview of how to prepare staff and facilitate learning through three phases of social entrepreneurship. Help your students prepare to be the change they want to see.
Estimated time to complete: 5 hours
Upon completion, you’ll receive an Advanced Level certificate of completion.
Although entrepreneurship may seem like a strange new world, the skills it builds and employs have a lot in common with design thinking and 21st century skills. Your staff may feel right at home with the three phases of the entrepreneurial process: (1) Investigate. (2) Prepare, plan, and act. (3) Reflect, demonstrate, and celebrate. Get information and tools to help you plan, design, implement, and assess activities. When you complete this section of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the process for implementing a social entrepreneurship activity.
- Use strategies to design and facilitate age-appropriate social conversations, help students explore their personal passions, and guide students as they implement their action plans.
- Guide reflection, evaluation, and celebration of students’ successes.
Coaching My Staff
Estimated time to complete: 1 hour
Upon completion, you’ll receive a Leadership Level certificate of completion.
Build a professional development plan that prepares your staff to help students develop entrepreneurial mindsets as they become informed community members. After completing this section of the course, you’ll be able to
- Train and support staff to engage students in age-appropriate projects and activities that combine social entrepreneurship and service learning.
- Build your staff’s knowledge about crafting effective driving questions and other facilitation strategies.
- Understand how to incorporate 21st century skills and entrepreneurial mindsets into activities that serve the community.
- Select Y4Y trainings that are the most important for your staff.
Find tools you can customize or use “as is” to assess student learning, use guiding questions, help students plan their projects and craft driving questions, and more.
Learn More Library
Visit the Learn More Library for links to numerous external resources, including video examples, design competitions, research, learning standards, support for planning and assessing activities, and more.