Estimated time to complete: 2 hours
Upon completion, you will receive a Basic Level certificate of completion.
Explore the history, benefits and importance of supporting English learners in 21st CCLC programs. Learn about the 12 steps you can implement to ensure an impactful experience.
Estimated time to complete: 5-7 hours
Upon completion, you will receive an Advanced Level certificate of completion.
Go step-by-step through each step of planning, designing, implementing and assessing a supportive, high-quality program for English learners. Get tips, tools and examples to prepare your program for success.
- Assess the needs of English learners (ELs) and their families.
- Create a safe, language-rich, culturally responsive learning environment for ELs.
- Design and facilitate sheltered learning activities to meet targeted needs and SMART goals.
- Integrate a variety of instructional strategies that promote language acquisition, build student confidence, connect to ELs’ cultures and connect to the school day.
- Implement activities for ELs with fidelity.
Estimated time to complete: 1 hour
Upon completion, you will receive a Leadership Level certificate of completion.
Integrate professional development to equip practitioners with the knowledge and strategies needed to build a supportive program for English learners.
- Train and prepare staff to lead activities and apply best practices in support of English learners.
- Create a professional learning plan for developing staff knowledge and skills.
- Integrate effective coaching techniques as you implement the professional learning plan.
Find ready-to-use, customizable tools that can help you plan, design, implement and assess a supportive program for English learners.
Visit the Learn More Library to find links to numerous external resources including videos, lesson plans, publications and more.