Chapter 1: Overview of Summer Learning
- Define summer learning.
- Explain the history of summer learning.
- Describe summer learning loss and its effects on students.
- Identify two benefits a summer learning program could create for students you serve.
- Identify four ways summer learning fits into your 21st Century Community Learning Center program.
Chapter 2: Planning for an Impactful Experience
- Identify the important components for planning
- a successful summer learning program.
- Describe different instructional approaches for
- summer learning programs.
- Identify ways to recruit staff and students for your summer learning program.
Chapter 3: The Continuous Improvement Process
- Define the continuous improvement process.
- Begin to apply the cycle of continuous improvement to your summer learning program.
- Identify the connections between setting goals, using a logic model and continuous improvement.
- Use a logic model to illustrate your summer learning plan.