Estimated time to complete: 4 hours
Upon completion, you will receive an Advanced Level certificate of completion.
Understanding child development will help you interact with children and youth, design supportive learning environments and respond to various behaviors in your 21st CCLC program.
In completing this section of the course, you’ll
- Build your knowledge about child development.
- Be able to prepare for success by considering how you’ll use this knowledge.
- Explore the various stages of child development and possible implications for practice.
- Learn how this knowledge can help you build relationships with children and families.
Estimated time to complete: 1 hour
Upon completion, you will receive a Leadership Level certificate of completion.
Explore with staff the value in understanding – and applying that understanding – of the basic theories, stages and areas of child and adolescent development.
After you complete this section, you’ll be able to
- Train and prepare your 21st CCLC program staff to recognize the stages and areas of development relative to the children they serve.
- Create a professional learning plan for developing staff knowledge and skills.
- Use effective coaching techniques as you implement the professional child and adolescent development learning plan.
Find ready-to-use, customizable tools that can help you plan, design, implement and assess the application of child and adolescent development in your program.
Visit the Learn More Library to find links to numerous external resources including videos, publications and more to deepen your understanding of child and adolescent development.