Every Showtime event has something wonderful going for it — an authentic audience ready to show its support.
Showtime audiences can encourage students and help them celebrate all they've accomplished. The presence of friends, family, teachers, community members and others can bring out your students' best performances, making Showtime a truly transforming experience.
Encourage students to develop a detailed plan, and rehearse for Showtime so that you can truly bring your students' best to the public. Showtime is a great way to promote the benefits of your program. Think about how students can be involved in all aspects of Showtime, such as creating a guest list, designing and delivering invitations, and welcoming your guests when they arrive.
Who to Invite
- Considering allowing students to invite their friends, or a big brother or sister, in another class.
- Showtime is a great way to engage parents and other family members. Family members may also be willing to volunteer if needed.
- Don't forget about teachers and school-day staff! Showtime is a great way to engage with the school day and give teachers an opportunity to see all the wonderful things your program is doing. Be sure to make a video or a recording for those who can't make it.
- For projects involving issues of community concern, consider opening the event to a bigger audience, including a panel of experts, local businesses, or community and faith-based organizations.
- Last but certainly not least, don't forget about any volunteers, donors or funders who contribute to your program.