Plan to Build Skills Over Time
Tip #1: Training objectives should be clear, specific and results-oriented. Identify clearly and specifically what you want participants to learn, know or be able to do by the end of the training.
Tip #2: Trainings of more than 90 minutes (some say more than 60 minutes) need a scheduled break.
To learn more about these and other training tips, use the Training Guide and Template.
How will you train and support staff as project-based learning facilitators?
Staff need to learn how to lead and facilitate project-based learning to achieve the learning outcomes for children and youth.
Provide training, supervision, check-ins and feedback from the earliest planning stages through implementation.
- 2Key Terms
- 3Project-Based Learning Diagram
- 4What Makes a Good Project?
- 5Life Is Full of Projects
- 6Benefits of Projects
- 721st Century Skills
- 8Habits of Mind
- 9Projects or Activities?
- 10Project Kickoff
- 11Understanding Community Needs
- 12Become Active Investigators
- 13Engaging Students in Active Learning
- 14What Makes a Good Driving Question?
- 15Project Launch
- 16Learning by Doing
- 17Learning by Doing: Example
- 18Project-Based Learning in Action
- 19The Adult's Role
- 20Working With Diverse Student Groups
- 22Culminating Event Examples
- 23Time to Shine
- 24The Audience
- 25Document and Evaluate the Learning
- 27Civic Learning and Engagement Introduction
- 28Civic Learning and Engagement
- 29Committed to Positive Change
- 30Key Civic Terms
- 31A Special Kind of Project-Based Learning
- 32Civic Learning and Engagement in Action
- 33Encouraging Active Participation
- 34Building 21st Century Skills
- 35Linking With School-Day Civics
- 36Linking Civic Learning and Engagement With School-Day Learning
- 37Linking Skills and Academics With Civic Life
- 38Starting a Project
- 39Develop a Plan of Action
- 40Implement a Plan of Action
- 41Evaluate and Reflect
- 42Realizing the Results
- 43Learn More Library
- 46Check for Understanding
- 1Implementing Project-Based Learning
- 2Keep It Youth Centered
- 3Youth-Centered Coaching Moment
- 4Set Clear Goals and Objectives
- 5Goals and Objectives Coaching Moment
- 6Make it Doable and Sustainable
- 7Projects Over Time — Coaching Moment
- 8Facilitating Self-Directed Learning
- 9Self-Directed Learning Example
- 10Self-Directed Learning — Example 2
- 11Facilitation Strategies
- 12Think Globally, Act Locally
- 13Projects for Every Age
- 14Incorporate Multiple Perspectives
- 15Facilitation for Success
- 16Working With Agencies and Groups
- 17Demonstrate and Document Learning
- 18Demonstrate Learning — Coaching Moment
- 19Demonstrate Learning — Coaching Moment 2
- 20Pull It Together
- 21Additional Resources