Estimated time to complete: 2 hours
Upon completion, you will receive a Basic Level certificate of completion.
The introduction provides an overview of project-based learning, including the benefits of authentic projects and engaging students in a process of inquiry. Learn how to design hands-on projects and move from a driving question to a culminating event to a reflection on learning.
Estimated time to complete: 5-7 hours
Upon completion, you will receive an Advanced Level certificate of completion.
Find strategies to move project-based learning into practice, including setting project goals and keeping projects student-centered. Learn how to sustain your project over time and how to document your project’s progress.
After completing this section, you'll be able to
- Explain components of the three phases of project-based learning.
- Implement the steps to plan, define, implement and assess high quality project-based learning activities.
- Use authentic resources and tools to develop and implement project-based learning activities.
Estimated time to complete: 1 hour
Upon completion, you will receive a Leadership Level certificate of completion.
Learn how to coach staff to effectively plan projects, engage youth, and document learning. Identify ready-to-use tools to help you in building your staff’s skills.
After completing this section you'll be able to
- Identify primary reasons for implementing a purposeful professional learning plan.
- Create a professional learning plan for your staff.
- Integrate tips for coaching your staff.
- Get started on implementing project-based learning into your program activities.
Find ready-to-use and customizable tools that can assist you in planning, implementing, and assessing your projects.