You’ve reached the conclusion of the Strengthening Partnerships Introduction, but we hope this is just the start of your exploration of partnerships. Take a moment to meet the “All Stars” in this video that sums up how partnerships can provide fun and engaging opportunities that connect students to their community.
It’s time for reflection. Take a few minutes now to capture your thoughts.
Reflect on This
Jot down some answers to these questions:
- What aspects of partnerships appeal to you?
- What’s likely to be challenging?
- What else do you need to know to get started or further strengthen existing partnerships?
- 2Key Terms
- 3Strengthening Partnerships Diagram
- 4Partnership Benefits
- 5Build on Strengths
- 6Potential Partners
- 7Partner Inventory
- 8Find Partners
- 9Strategies for Getting Started
- 10Identify Your Needs
- 11Identify Resources
- 12Summarize Your Needs
- 13Map Community Resources
- 14Consider How to Select Partners
- 15Create Partnerships
- 16Establish a Common Vision
- 17Clarify & Communicate Roles & Responsibilities
- 18Create an Advisory Board
- 19Communicate Regularly
- 20Share Data
- 21Ask Questions, Collect Data
- 22Make Sense of Data
- 23Distribute and Discuss
- 24Keep it Legal
- 25Final Reflection
- 26Learn More Library
- 29Check for Understanding