Clarify and Communicate Roles and Responsibilities
Everyone cares about using resources efficiently, so you and your partners will want to clearly define roles and responsibilities. This process also helps you make sure there's a good match between the program’s needs and the partners' resources.
Align With Vision
When roles and responsibilities are spelled out, be sure to make them consistent with your program’s vision.
Get It in Writing
Every group that partners with your program should work with you through a formal memorandum of understanding. Typically, this will spell out principles for working together.
- Define what your program and what each partner promises to provide. Partners can commit to providing a variety of resources, including funding.
- Define who will be the responsible administrator within each partnering organization.
- Define the time period during which the memorandum of understanding will be in effect.
- 2Key Terms
- 3Strengthening Partnerships Diagram
- 4Partnership Benefits
- 5Build on Strengths
- 6Potential Partners
- 7Partner Inventory
- 8Find Partners
- 9Strategies for Getting Started
- 10Identify Your Needs
- 11Identify Resources
- 12Summarize Your Needs
- 13Map Community Resources
- 14Consider How to Select Partners
- 15Create Partnerships
- 16Establish a Common Vision
- 17Clarify & Communicate Roles & Responsibilities
- 18Create an Advisory Board
- 19Communicate Regularly
- 20Share Data
- 21Ask Questions, Collect Data
- 22Make Sense of Data
- 23Distribute and Discuss
- 24Keep it Legal
- 25Final Reflection
- 26Learn More Library
- 29Check for Understanding