Once a partnership is established, how do you sustain it to ensure all sides benefit and meet intended goals?
Partnerships must be cultivated to be successful. Communication, frequently clarifying goals and next steps, and creating a warm and welcoming program environment help give partners the attention and support they need to achieve intended goals.
- Establish regular check-ins so both sides can share successes and concerns. If it is not convenient to meet face to face, consider using free online tools to check in virtually.
- Frequently revisit original goals to measure success and determine additional needs and next steps.
- Honor partners publicly and privately to show appreciation for their hard work.
How do afterschool programs work to maintain their partnership?
Communicate frequently via phone and e-mail, set up regular meetings with partners, host advisory board meetings, and provide annual updates on student growth. You may also want to look into wiki pages or cloud-based programs where both sides can share information in real time.
What else do afterschool programs do to keep partnerships healthy?
Check in annually with partners on expectations and accomplishments.
- 2Key Terms
- 3Strengthening Partnerships Diagram
- 4Partnership Benefits
- 5Build on Strengths
- 6Potential Partners
- 7Partner Inventory
- 8Find Partners
- 9Strategies for Getting Started
- 10Identify Your Needs
- 11Identify Resources
- 12Summarize Your Needs
- 13Map Community Resources
- 14Consider How to Select Partners
- 15Create Partnerships
- 16Establish a Common Vision
- 17Clarify and Communicate Roles and Responsibilities
- 18Communicate Regularly
- 19Create an Advisory Board
- 20Share Data
- 21Ask Questions, Collect Data
- 22Make Sense of Data
- 23Distribute and Discuss
- 24Keep it Legal
- 25Final Reflection
- 26Learn More Library
- 29Check for Understanding
- 1Building Partnerships
- 2Determine Needs
- 3Determine Needs — Coaching Moment
- 4Identify Partners
- 5Identify Partners — Coaching Moment
- 6Working With Volunteers
- 7Working With Volunteers — Considerations
- 8Recruit Partners
- 9Recruit Partners — Coaching Moment
- 10Maintain Partnerships
- 11Maintain Partnerships — Coaching Moment
- 12Pull It Together
- 13Additional Resources