How could partners support and enhance your program?
Most programs have a wish list of programming and resources they would offer if time and money weren't issues. Partners can help fill these gaps. By clarifying program goals along with staff capabilities and resources, programs can identify where partners could step in to support or enhance experiences for youth.
- Engage staff and youth to determine their programming wish list.
- Inventory existing resources, including staff, financial and community, and determine gaps and needs.
- Clarify program goals and specify what is still needed to achieve them.
What can afterschool programs do to determine their need for partnerships?
Identify their program goals, identify resources they have and look for gaps.
How can afterschool programs determine their own assets?
Ask staff and youth; make a list.
- 2Key Terms
- 3Strengthening Partnerships Diagram
- 4Partnership Benefits
- 5Build on Strengths
- 6Potential Partners
- 7Partner Inventory
- 8Find Partners
- 9Strategies for Getting Started
- 10Identify Your Needs
- 11Identify Resources
- 12Summarize Your Needs
- 13Map Community Resources
- 14Consider How to Select Partners
- 15Create Partnerships
- 16Establish a Common Vision
- 17Clarify & Communicate Roles & Responsibilities
- 18Create an Advisory Board
- 19Communicate Regularly
- 20Share Data
- 21Ask Questions, Collect Data
- 22Make Sense of Data
- 23Distribute and Discuss
- 24Keep it Legal
- 25Final Reflection
- 26Learn More Library
- 29Check for Understanding