Select Trainings to Fit Staff and Program Needs
Tip #3: When asking a question, have an example of your own ready to share with participants.
Tip #4: Circulate during group work to check in on progress, and see what should be addressed in more detail.
To learn more about these and other training tips, use the Training Guide and Template.
Which trainings are most important for your staff?
Use Training Starters to jump-start creating your own trainings. Or click on a Training to Go for a complete training you can use with your team. Visit the Teach section for these and accompanying documents, or use the links below.
Trainings to Go
Give staff the skills to effectively share the program mission and vision and ask for support.
Equip staff with strategies, tools and "soft skills" for working with and guiding partners to ensure a positive and productive experience.
Empower staff to recognize and celebrate the work of partners and create a welcoming environment.
Enable staff to identify and act on their own, as well as incorporate youth ideas for program improvement.
Help staff create formal agreements to guide work with even the most challenging partners.
- 2Key Terms
- 3Strengthening Partnerships Diagram
- 4Partnership Benefits
- 5Build on Strengths
- 6Potential Partners
- 7Partner Inventory
- 8Find Partners
- 9Strategies for Getting Started
- 10Identify Your Needs
- 11Identify Resources
- 12Summarize Your Needs
- 13Map Community Resources
- 14Consider How to Select Partners
- 15Create Partnerships
- 16Establish a Common Vision
- 17Clarify and Communicate Roles and Responsibilities
- 18Communicate Regularly
- 19Create an Advisory Board
- 20Share Data
- 21Ask Questions, Collect Data
- 22Make Sense of Data
- 23Distribute and Discuss
- 24Keep it Legal
- 25Final Reflection
- 26Learn More Library
- 29Check for Understanding
- 1Building Partnerships
- 2Determine Needs
- 3Determine Needs — Coaching Moment
- 4Identify Partners
- 5Identify Partners — Coaching Moment
- 6Working With Volunteers
- 7Working With Volunteers — Considerations
- 8Recruit Partners
- 9Recruit Partners — Coaching Moment
- 10Maintain Partnerships
- 11Maintain Partnerships — Coaching Moment
- 12Pull It Together
- 13Additional Resources