Readiness Check — Coaching Moment
Do you have a professional development plan in place for staff, with time focused on strengthening partnerships?
Use the Strengthening Partnerships Implementation Planner to organize future trainings.
Do you need to deliver in-service trainings to staff but lack trainings ready to deliver?
Consider sharing your ideas in the Discussion Boards.
Do you and other staff know what resources are available in the community and where potential linkages exist?
Inventory what's out there by identifying and talking with community leaders and organizations, and determining if they could help support program goals. Use the Strengthening Partnerships Implementation Planner.
Are staff prepared to sustain strong partnerships throughout the year?
Use the Developing Effective Memoranda of Understanding resource. Listen to your partners, act on their feedback and frequently check back in.
Are you equipped to supervise staff with respect to their partnership efforts?
- 2Key Terms
- 3Strengthening Partnerships Diagram
- 4Partnership Benefits
- 5Build on Strengths
- 6Potential Partners
- 7Partner Inventory
- 8Find Partners
- 9Strategies for Getting Started
- 10Identify Your Needs
- 11Identify Resources
- 12Summarize Your Needs
- 13Map Community Resources
- 14Consider How to Select Partners
- 15Create Partnerships
- 16Establish a Common Vision
- 17Clarify and Communicate Roles and Responsibilities
- 18Communicate Regularly
- 19Create an Advisory Board
- 20Share Data
- 21Ask Questions, Collect Data
- 22Make Sense of Data
- 23Distribute and Discuss
- 24Keep it Legal
- 25Final Reflection
- 26Learn More Library
- 29Check for Understanding
- 1Building Partnerships
- 2Determine Needs
- 3Determine Needs — Coaching Moment
- 4Identify Partners
- 5Identify Partners — Coaching Moment
- 6Working With Volunteers
- 7Working With Volunteers — Considerations
- 8Recruit Partners
- 9Recruit Partners — Coaching Moment
- 10Maintain Partnerships
- 11Maintain Partnerships — Coaching Moment
- 12Pull It Together
- 13Additional Resources