Actively Reflect and Revise
Tip #5: Don't ignore hard questions. Try to come up with solutions as a group, and follow up with the individual to see if more support is needed.
Tip #6: Save your voice! Agree on an attention-getting signal or process to pull the group back together.
To learn more about these and other training tips, use the Training Guide and Template.
How ready are you for training and supporting staff for strengthening partnerships?
Partnerships take time to develop, attention to sustain, and clear goals and working agreements to guide overall efforts. Because staff are ambassadors for your program, they must understand how to create and sustain partnerships to achieve positive results.
- Equip staff with confidence and tools to recognize areas for program improvement and to seek out partners to address gaps and needs.
- Use staff meeting time to check in on their work with partners and collaboratively identify methods for continued improvement.
- Observe staff working with and managing partners.
- Reflect and revise to expand efforts and build quality.
- 2Key Terms
- 3Strengthening Partnerships Diagram
- 4Partnership Benefits
- 5Build on Strengths
- 6Potential Partners
- 7Partner Inventory
- 8Find Partners
- 9Strategies for Getting Started
- 10Identify Your Needs
- 11Identify Resources
- 12Summarize Your Needs
- 13Map Community Resources
- 14Consider How to Select Partners
- 15Create Partnerships
- 16Establish a Common Vision
- 17Clarify and Communicate Roles and Responsibilities
- 18Communicate Regularly
- 19Create an Advisory Board
- 20Share Data
- 21Ask Questions, Collect Data
- 22Make Sense of Data
- 23Distribute and Discuss
- 24Keep it Legal
- 25Final Reflection
- 26Learn More Library
- 29Check for Understanding
- 1Building Partnerships
- 2Determine Needs
- 3Determine Needs — Coaching Moment
- 4Identify Partners
- 5Identify Partners — Coaching Moment
- 6Working With Volunteers
- 7Working With Volunteers — Considerations
- 8Recruit Partners
- 9Recruit Partners — Coaching Moment
- 10Maintain Partnerships
- 11Maintain Partnerships — Coaching Moment
- 12Pull It Together
- 13Additional Resources