Estimated time to complete: 2 hours
Upon completion, you will receive a Basic Level certificate of completion.
Explore the history, benefits and importance of literacy in 21st CCLC programs. Learn about the 10 steps you can implement to ensure an impactful experience.
Estimated time to complete: 5-7 hours
Upon completion, you will receive an Advanced Level certificate of completion.
Go step-by-step through each step of planning, designing, implementing and assessing high-quality literacy activities. Get tips, tools and examples to prepare your program for success.
- Assess students’ literacy needs.
- Design and facilitate literacy activities that align with identified needs.
- Use strategies to increase the time students spend reading and writing after the school day.
- Implement literacy activities with fidelity.
Estimated time to complete: 1 hour
Upon completion, you will receive a Leadership Level certificate of completion.
Integrate professional development to equip practitioners with the knowledge and strategies needed to incorporate high-quality literacy activities in your program.
Train and prepare staff to apply literacy best practices in their 21st CCLC programs.
- Create a professional learning plan for your staff.
- Integrate effective coaching techniques as you implement the professional learning plan.
Find ready-to-use, customizable tools that can help you plan, design, implement and assess an effective literacy program.
Visit the Learn More Library to find links to numerous external resources including videos, lesson plans, publications and more.