Chapter 1 provides an overview of the purposes and goals of Nita M. Lowey 21st Century Community Learning Centers programs, their history and evolution, and how programs benefit students, families and schools.
After completing this overview, you'll able to:
- Describe the mission and goals of the 21st CCLC program.
- Summarize the evolution of the 21st CCLC program.
- Identify the benefits of a 21st CCLC program to students, families and schools.
- Describe how you can be involved in a 21st CCLC program.
Chapter 2 presents the federal legislation, regulations and guidance that direct all 21st CCLC grant programs, emphasizes the role of state guidance and requirements when applying for and administering a grant program, and walks you through how to apply each of these resources when it’s time to write your grant proposal and design your program.
After completing this chapter, you'll be able to:
- Describe 21st CCLC federal guidance and requirements.
- Identify the importance of state guidance and requirements.
- And, prepare or improve a 21st CCLC grant proposal.