Estimated time to complete: 5 hours
Upon completion, you will receive an Advanced Level certificate of completion.
Learn why eating well, engaging in physical activity (including sleep), and managing self-care can support healthy learning and living. Get strategies, standards, and tools that help you plan, design, implement, and assess activities that will help students and adults practice healthy lifestyles.
When you complete this section of the course, you’ll be able to
- Describe how schools and 21st CCLC programs can partner to support student, family, and staff wellness.
- Use the Standards for Healthy Eating and Physical Activity in Out-of-School Time Programs.
- Implement steps to create high-quality health and wellness practices and activities to ensure equity for your students and families.
- Use Y4Y tools and resources that support activity development.
Coaching My Staff
Estimated time to complete: 1 hour
Upon completion, you will receive a Leadership Level certificate of completion.
Build your staff’s enthusiasm, skills, and confidence to lead and practice activities that support good nutrition, physical activity, and social and emotional health.
After completing this section, you will be able to
- Train and support your 21st CCLC program staff to use local health and wellness policies and national standards as they intentionally design and implement activities.
- Create a professional learning plan for developing staff knowledge and skills.
- Use effective coaching techniques as you implement the professional learning plan.
- Prepare your staff to engage family members in supporting student health and wellness goals.
- Engage your staff in planning inclusive health and wellness activities that support all students and support personal health and wellness for staff members.
Find tools you can customize or use “as is” to help you plan, design, implement, and assess your program’s health and wellness activities. Tools for this course include interest inventories, a staff self-assessment, a guide to health and wellness standards for out-of-school programs, healthy snack ideas, and more.
Learn More Library
Visit the Learn More Library for links to external resources that include videos, web-based information, health and wellness apps, activity plans, health and wellness resources for families, and more.