Assess Your Family Engagement
Instructions: Use the checklist below to assess your family engagement efforts. Click on the practices below that you currently employ. Consider adding the remaining practices to boost family engagement in your program.
- We provide activities for parents and families to do together.
- We communicate regularly with families.
- We know all parents' and caregivers' names.
- Program staff reflect the families we want to serve.
- We see the program as an extension of the child's family.
- We invite parents and caregivers to lead activities.
- We ask families what they need to better support student achievement and well-being.
- We include parents on our advisory board.
- We translate the materials we send home into families' home languages.