Introduction to Family Engagement
Estimated time to complete: 2 hours
Upon completion, you will receive a Basic Level certificate of completion.
Explore the history, benefits and importance of family engagement in 21st CCLC programs. Learn about nine steps you can take to ensure a successful family engagement program.
Estimated time to complete: 5-7 hours
Upon completion, you will receive an Advanced Level certificate of completion.
Go step-by-step through planning and implementing a family engagement plan that aligns with your program's goals and families' needs. Get tips, tools and examples to help you overcome common challenges.
- Assess program families’ needs.
- Design and facilitate intentional activities that align with families’ needs.
- Conduct family outreach and recruitment.
- Recruit high-quality staff and partners for family engagement.
Coaching My Staff
Estimated time to complete: 1 hour
Upon completion, you will receive a Leadership Level certificate of completion.
Integrate professional development on how to engage families into your staff learning events. Use tips and tools to create a program culture that helps you get to know the families of the students you serve.
- Identify reasons to implement a professional learning plan.
- Create a family engagement professional learning plan for your staff.
- Apply tips for providing high-quality professional learning.
- Start implementing family engagement activities in your program.
Find ready-to-use, customizable tools that can help you in your efforts to engage families.