Creating a Positive Learning Environment
Estimated time to complete: 4 hours
Upon completion, you will receive an Advanced Level certificate of completion.
Go step-by-step through planning, designing, implementing and assessing a a program environment that enables your staff and students to do their best work. You’ll get tips and tools to help you create and sustain an environment where students, their families and program staff feel safe and supported, which will translate to increased engagement.
- Assess your program’s climate needs.
- Align your program’s purpose, values and climate.
- Create a positive culture that generates a safe and supportive program and learning environment for all students.
- Facilitate positive relationships among students and staff.
Estimated time to complete: 1 hour
Upon completion, you will receive a Leadership Level certificate of completion.
Integrate professional development on how to prepare your staff to utilize best practices for creating a positive learning environment. Use tips and tools to help staff build effective and supportive relationships with students and develop and maintain a welcome environment that aligns with your program culture and climate.
- Train and prepare staff to apply best practices in creating a positive learning environment.
- Create a professional learning plan for developing staff knowledge and skills in building, designing and managing a positive learning environment.
- Integrate effective coaching techniques using Y4Y tools and resources as you implement the professional learning plan.