Estimated time to complete: 5 hour
Upon completion, you will receive an Advanced Level certificate of completion.
Get information, creative ideas, and nontraditional teaching methods to help students work on academic and life skills. Get your magnifying glass ready! When you complete this section of the course, you’ll be able to
- Describe citizen science and its potential benefits for students.
- Prepare your staff to implement a citizen science program.
- Find Y4Y and other strategies and resources for your citizen science initiative.
Estimated time to complete: 1 hour
Upon completion, you will receive a Leadership Level certificate of completion.
Prepare your staff to lead engaging citizen science expeditions. After completing this section of the course, you’ll be able to
- Train and support your staff to model citizen science traits as they guide students in activities.
- Prepare your staff to choose citizen science activities and assess student learning throughout implementation.
- Select Y4Y citizen science trainings that meet your staff’s needs.
Visit the Learn More Library for links to numerous external resources, including videos, connections to a wide range of citizen science projects and learning guides, activity and lesson plans, and more.