Estimated time to complete: 2 hours
Upon completion, you will receive a Basic Level certificate of completion.
Your program can help students prepare for tomorrow’s careers. It starts with knowing themselves and their options, exploring possibilities, and knowing what’s required for college and career success. Learn ways to develop students’ skills and understanding as they prepare and plan to make their dreams a reality.
Estimated time to complete: 5 hours
Upon completion, you will receive an Advanced Level certificate of completion.
Get information and tools to help you plan, design, implement and assess activities to help students learn about different career pathways. Enlist school and community partners to connect students and families to information and resources.
When you complete this section of the course, you’ll be able to
- Describe key strategies for planning and designing a college and career readiness approach for your 21st CCLC program.
- Share ways to design and facilitate age-appropriate career awareness, exploration and preparation activities.
- Identify people and resources to help implement your approach.
- Implement a continuous improvement process.
Coaching My Staff
Estimated time to complete: 1 hour
Upon completion, you will receive a Leadership Level certificate of completion.
Build your staff’s skills and enthusiasm for helping all students understand their career options, how to prepare for success and where to get support.
After completing this section, you will be able to
- Train and prepare your 21st CCLC program staff to engage K-12 students in meaningful college and career awareness, exploration and preparation activities.
- Create a professional learning plan for developing staff knowledge and skills.
- Use effective coaching techniques as you implement the professional learning plan.