You for Youth logo
Online Professional Learning and
Technical Assistance for
21st Century Community Learning Centers
  1. Contact Us
  2. Join
  3. Sign In

Webinar 3 Exit Question—What is the one area of Project-Based Learning that still has you a feeling bit anxious or unprepared to do?

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 72

Joined 2014-06-05

PM

Please share your answer to the exit questiion.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-06-06

PM

I think the biggest obstacle is getting the resources to take students on field trips…as well as the limited amount of time available in the afterschool setting.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2015-01-02

PM

Teacher buy-in to Project-Bases learning due to time commitment, sharing the process with the students and being out of their norm.

Rank

Joined 2015-09-15

PM

Our project based learning projects last at least two weeks. I’m anxious about keeping the students engaged in one topic for a lengthy amount of time.

Rank

Joined 2015-05-12

PM

I am really enjoying the webinar and the thoroughness of the presentations and resources.
Everything make sense in terms of structure and purpose. I guess my only fear is that I haven’t done it with students as yet, and I want to get started.

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2015-09-08

PM

I am a bit anxious on how to gather interests from students.  We have done brainstorming and surveys before but I don’t think I can get what students are concerned about in their community from them.  They have basically been activity interest surveys.

Rank

Joined 2015-07-27

PM

My biggest anxiety is having the time to train my staff so that our programming moves from teacher directed to project based learning.  When we are all only funded for 4-5 hours a day and most of those are time with students, it’s another thing to jam into already limited time.  We’ve started making strides in this direction, but it’s going to be a process.

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2015-09-09

PM

ability to encourage HS students to believe they can be an effective part of a solution to a community need - enough so that they are moved to action (project)

Rank

Joined 2015-09-08

PM

M. Jocham - 15 September 2015 12:27 PM

Teacher buy-in to Project-Bases learning due to time commitment, sharing the process with the students and being out of their norm.

I agree, as a program director it will be a challenge to educate teachers on how this process works.  If this series is repeated I would really like them to view it

Rank

Joined 2015-09-08

PM

Being able to keep the students engaged in one particular topic for a long period of time.

Rank

Joined 2015-09-08

PM

I am anxious on how to gather what is meaningful for the youth.  We have done interest surveys but they are mainly just for activities that we have done.

Rank

Joined 2015-09-15

PM

The hardest thing for me is time management and staying on task after interruptions.

Rank

Joined 2014-06-05

PM

The area of project based learning that still has me feeling a bit unprepared for is obtaining youth voice/choice. We have been choosing the project areas for our youth and I was wondering how others get input from their youth.

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2015-04-21

PM

This a good resource and I’m looking forward to trying new skills. I am the only staff in an optional drop-in homework room for youth enrolled in a program on site (not on a school campus). I am unsure how to execute a successful project with uncertain numbers, ages, and limited staff.

Rank

Joined 2015-09-15

PM

Staff are concerned with the amount of time it takes to plan, gather resources and implement PBL.

Rank

Joined 2015-09-15

PM

The one area of PBL that still has me feeling anxious or unprepared is keeping the students engaged in the project from start to finish.