3. Sign In

Discussion Board

You are here: HomeForum Home → Discussions → General Topics → Thread

Creating a handbook/guidelines for teaching assistants/volunteers

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-06-06

PM

I have a lot of new staff this year and I am trying to create a really well developed hand book for my staff. Does anyone have something like this created? I just need something to use as a guideline. My program is in Helena, MT.

Rank

Joined 2014-06-06

PM

I do not, however this would be great to have especially when brining in volunteers, who do not know the program but want to help.

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2014-06-05

PM

It is important that an organization such as an afterschool to create a handbook/guidelines for teaching assistants/volunteers. I am a staff member at the St. Andrews Sunny Saints Afterschool Program. The program has created a Parent/Student Handbook as well as a handbook for teachers and volunteers. Its a good idea of doing this because it is to provide enrichment, help, and support in the day-to day activities at the afterschool.

Also let me add by saying the importance of creating a handbook is that you want to have your employees first impression of your organization. That way it provides an opportunity for the organization to put their best food forward.

Rank

Joined 2014-06-06

PM

Take a look at the attached Family Guide Book that was recently posted on the homepage. I think this would be helpful!

(Admin note: the file referenced above can be found at http://y4y.ed.gov/discussion-boards/68 )

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2014-06-06

PM

The Family Guidebook is a helpful resource.

Rank

Joined 2015-08-18

PM

I am the site coordinator for our high school and created a handbook for my staff as well as a handbook for parents/students. Hopefully, you will find them useful and please change them to suit your particular program and school level.

File Attachments

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 72

Joined 2014-06-05

PM

Thanks krivers for sharing.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2018-08-11

PM

I have been in the same source of techniques where I was handling alot of things regards the same so you could say that expert but not that much into cause now I am one of the best plagiarism checker service which is almost good more than the best in its own provider though