April 11, 2014
Here are a few handy tips to help make your Y4Y webinar experience easier so you can relax and concentrate on the presenters and the material.
1) Log in a few minutes early so you have time to download the Cisco WebEx Event Center app, which powers the webinar. If you don’t have Admin rights on your PC, choose to run the “Temporary” app when prompted. If you want to setup the Event Center app in advance, go to this link and click the “Setup” button:
2) Make sure you join the “integrated voice conference” when prompted at log in. You don’t need a microphone to participate in the webinar, but you do need speakers and you need to join the conference in order to hear the presenters.
3) Make sure your computer speakers are plugged in and turned on, and be ready to adjust the volume if necessary (audio levels can sometimes change abruptly if we switch between presenters and streaming video).
4) If you have sound issues during the webinar, first check your speakers by going to the menu bar in the WebEx Event Center and selecting Communicate / Speaker Microphone Test. Check the speaker dropdown list because you may have more than one sound driver in your system, and you won’t hear anything if you have the wrong one selected. You can check to see if you’re connected to the integrated voice conference by selecting Communicate / Integrated Voice Conference / Join Conference.
5) Try to keep all other applications closed and refrain from surfing the Internet during the webinar. Close all apps, including email, leaving only the WebEx Event Center and the web browser you used to log into the event open. Our webinars consist of shared PowerPoint slides, broadcast audio, and may include streaming video or additional documents. We try our best to make everything work on any connection and any hardware, but sometimes there are compatibility and bandwidth issues that are beyond our control.
If you need any other tech support related to a webinar, please use the chat box to send a private message during the event to the user listed as the “Y4Y Host.”
And remember that all webinars are recorded and within 48 hours they are posted on the portal in the Webinar Archive.