May 21, 2018
Your 21st CCLC program can demonstrate success with two major indicators: student growth and student/family satisfaction. You can define both indicators in your continuous improvement plan and collect data to determine progress. When you recruit students and family members at the start of a new program session, you want to demonstrate that students will love the program activities, and that your program nurtures the whole child.
How do you accomplish that? The answer is simple: use data.
Yes, numbers can seem dry and boring. But, when you collect the right information and connect the dots across data points, magic happens — you tell a story! The U.S. Department of Education’s Y4Y technical assistance team is ready to help you weave your data into a compelling narrative with a showcase webinar and three-part web series that kicks off on June 14. Attend these sessions and you will be able to show the world that your program delivers academic enrichment with safe, supportive relationships and smiles all around.
Data! What is it Good for? Absolutely EVERYTHING!
June 14, 2018, 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Join the U.S. Department of Education's Y4Y team to learn how to do the following:
- Identify the components of a logic model and use the model to plan with the end in mind.
- Describe the steps of the continuous improvement process.
- Brainstorm strategies for reaching out to present and potential partners using program and outcomes data.
- Use Y4Y tools and resources to support telling your story through data.
Follow-Up Web Series, Dates TBA
This three-part web series will dive deeply into the following components: planning with the end in mind, interpreting data to make decisions, and crafting a story with your data.
Virtual Session 1: My Data Path
Planning with the end in mind transforms your data collection from haphazard and compliance-based to purposeful and meaningful. In this session, learn how to illustrate a plan for program outcomes using a logic model. With the model and other Y4Y resources, learn to build a clear path toward desired outcomes. This session will prepare you to do the following:
- Use data to set SMART goals to plan intentional activities.
- Use tools to collect needs assessment and outcome data.
- Develop a logic model.
- Implement with fidelity.
Virtual Session 2: Drawing Conclusions From Data
In this session, learn how to interpret outcome data and make timely, informed decisions. Consistent monitoring and responsive adjustments will ensure an authentic and positive story that describes successes and challenges. This session will prepare you to do the following:
- Reflect on goals and understand why they were or were not met.
- Plan for improvement if necessary.
- Complete a reflection chart.
Virtual Session 3: Crafting a Compelling Narrative
Compelling and effective storytelling techniques will be paired with data analysis to translate a program’s progress into a captivating narrative. This session will prepare you to do the following:
- Describe the successes and challenges you faced in reaching your goals.
- Use Y4Y tools to develop your narrative.
- Present your story in a compelling narrative.