January 18, 2022
The pandemic may have left program leaders and staff feeling like they were isolated in an ivory tower, removed from their students and peers. But great lessons were learned about connecting virtually around the globe. Check out Y4Y’s new course, which shares both cautions and benefits to ensure that technology continues to serve your program faithfully.
The host, Sky, will guide you through this video game-themed professional development experience that will help you explore ways to use virtual tools and interactions in your program, and use technology to your advantage in achieving both program and professional development goals. After you’ve completed the Implementation Strategies section, you’ll earn an Advanced Level certificate and be able to
- Demonstrate more comfort and confidence in using virtual tools purposefully.
- Select technology, equity, relationship and personalization strategies to increase learning and engagement.
- Make strategic choices about intentional use of technology for in-person, hybrid and fully virtual settings with students, families, staff and partners.
- Review and revise the program activity schedule to move seamlessly to virtual programming when necessary.
The course begins by establishing important terminology and “basic training” central to becoming a tech-wise 21st CCLC professional. Next, you'll gain tech power, or the ability to select and use virtual tools strategically to achieve a specific goal by evaluating several factors. You’re now ready for your missions of
- Program management – with attention to budgeting and planning considerations outlined in the course
- Engaging stakeholders – navigating how to communicate, coordinate, support and strengthen your school-day, family and community partnerships around virtual learning
- Supporting and developing staff – for technology comfort without overkill
- Expanding student opportunities and support – to conquer challenges in a hybrid or virtual learning environment
- Engaging families – collecting virtual strategies to get families involved in their students’ and their own expanded learning
- Implementing with fidelity – collecting and using data to continuously improve your virtual programming
Program leaders can “level up” with a Leadership Level certificate when you engage with the Coaching My Staff section of the course. In less than an hour, you’ll gain strategies for decision making around the kind of training to provide so staff are ready to use technology to engage students in person, in a hybrid setting or in a fully virtual program.
Technology isn’t just the wave of the future; it’s the wave of the present. Your students and staff will be more flexible and effective in your program with strategies for embracing the virtual edge. So, instead of letting virtual learning lock you in an ivory tower, help everyone to see how it can actually connect you in new and exciting ways, both within your program and around the globe!