October 5, 2021
Out-of-school time programs like yours are widely viewed as a key to post-pandemic learning recovery. Just like the players on a football team, each student needs slightly different equipment to get through some tough plays. By using the new Y4Y Structuring Successful Homework Help and Tutoring Sessions Click & Go, your program can avoid unnecessary roughness as you coach your students to the end zone!
Below are just some of the tools you’ll discover when you check out the new Click & Go on academic supports.
- Be sure to huddle around the mini-lesson, which provides an overview of the important distinctions between successful homework and tutoring sessions with respect to their structures and functions. To start thinking about how these apply to your program, download the Homework Help Versus Tutoring Sessions tool.
- Podcast #1, Structuring Successful Homework Help and Tutoring Sessions From Beginning to End (full transcript), coaches listeners through one site’s own set of hard-learned do’s and don’ts around implementing their academic supports.
- What is academic support going to look like on the home field? Download Five Key Strategies for Establishing Effective Learning Environments for Homework and Tutoring and Homework and Tutoring Session Routines to guide you.
- To guarantee yardage, your playbook should include Resource-Based Techniques and Practices.
- Listen to podcast #2, Increasing Student Self-Regulation and Self-Monitoring Skills (full transcript), and download Goal Setting Activities, Games and Templates so students can pull a quarterback sneak, playing an active role in their own academic recovery.
- The right team and materials will get you to the goal post. At kickoff, check out podcast #3, Vetting and Selecting High-Quality Supplementary Homework Help and Tutoring Materials (full transcript). Then make a pass over to the Quality Online Education Resources tool.
- Your scrimmage partners may have a lot to offer to strengthen your game. Download the Accessing School-Day Staff and Resources tool for their play-by-play.
Now, more than ever, the role your 21st CCLC program plays in the academic growth of your students is critical. Y4Y is here to respond to your greatest needs. The new Click & Go on structuring successful homework help and tutoring sessions was developed to help guide you to MVP status in the academic recovery of our nation. Looking for more? Let us know through the Y4Y Suggestion Box. Y4Y is committed to the team!