March 18, 2021
Y4Y is excited to roll out its updated STEM (now STEAM) course to familiarize your 21st CCLC program staff with the design thinking process and how your students can apply collaboration and creativity to compelling STEM learning.
Your navigator, Sean, will blast off with you into the universe of STEAM with a first stop in the Enterprise Briefing Room. As a cadette, you’ll earn a Basic Level certificate of completion when you soar through Chapters 1 and 2 of the Introduction section of the STEAM course, learning how to
- Define STEAM as an approach to learning.
- Describe the evolution of STEAM.
- Describe how STEAM benefits students, 21st CCLC programs and schools.
- Explain how STEAM can help students prepare for future careers.
- Describe the variations and characteristics of STEAM projects and activities.
- Identify the required tasks for planning and implementing high-quality STEAM projects and activities.
But your STEAM mission doesn’t end there! Earn an Advanced Level certificate of completion when you sign on to the six tasks of STEAM implementation:
- Consider STEAM education variation and characteristics.
- Activate the power of design thinking and makerspaces.
- Plan to mitigate risks.
- Choose your mission and implement your STEAM activity.
- Ensure a smooth link to program goals by implementing with fidelity.
- Assess, reflect and celebrate.
Your STEAM adventures won’t come to a full stop until you’ve earned your Leadership Level certificate of completion by rocketing through the Coaching My Staff section of the STEAM course. You’ll find support for training staff as they integrate the elements of STEAM to promote student learning, especially when it comes to
- Applying design thinking.
- Creating a makerspace.
- Connecting STEAM to real-world challenges.
Sign into your Y4Y account today and discover how vast your and your students’ opportunities are as you develop collaboration, innovative thinking and limitless professional paths in your 21st CCLC program, using the new Y4Y STEAM course as your guide.